Professional Development Week


Tabita Febrilia Dinata (0340357)

PDW - Reflective Report

As a final year student, we were required to attend the professional development week (PDW) on week 8 of our semester. We were required to completed a 6 hour webinar, and we need to register 4 hours compulsory topic that has been choose by our lecturer, and the remaining 2 hours we choose by ourself. To be honest, the whole experience doesn't match my expectation, at first I was hoping the pdw will be held offline but instead it's held online, but that's okay.  

At first I have no expectation because it's online, but then after I join the first workshop which is the webinar held by Maybank, it was interesting and kinda fun to hear, because the speaker speak about the tips and trick on finance knowledge as the fresh graduate that I sure it will be useful for me. He talks about the do's and don'ts about personal finance, and what we need to do is to investment preparation and tell your money where to go right after you receive your first salary, and what we shouldn't do is stop spending more than you earn, stop thinking that cash makes you happy, unwise use of credit card, and be patient. And the most interesting part that the speaker talks about was life first big purchase. He tells us his experience on wedding funds, tips to buy your first car and first home. 

The topic about working on world class projects in game and entertainment industry kinda not relate to me, but I learn that the process is similar to what I learn at Taylors this whole time, about design is solving problem and how to create a good design is by manipulating human emotions. The process also the same, research, find reference, sketch then the technical is to create the design. The thing that is needed to remember as a designer need practices to improve skills and learn everything. The speaker also share about how to work with team, the key point that need to applied when we work with team is to implement good communication, be the solution provider and believe in your team. Then there's also a topic about LinkedIn, the speaker talks about how LinkedIn can be a platform to build our personal branding, and build your profile to promote yourself out there. Then the speakers gives out the tips on how to expand your network, is by message connection to make people notice, the ask for informational interviews to get advice and learn about the company you're interested in, request referrals, and request recommendations from your connections that know who you are and how your work ethics is. 

Then the 2 remaining hours I choose the topic of the industry in event by Milestone production and how important is knowledge of emerging tools and technologies for fresh graduate. I choose the milestone production because I always interested in event industry and always consider to work in event industry, and also I choose the other one because I thought they will share about how to use tools and technologies as a fresh graduate turns out different than my expectation but I learn something from it about the impact of digital on audit. Overall, this experience has been interesting but I hope for the next generation will be better.

Comments

Popular Posts